Welcome to this week’s Friday Five. It’s been a week filled with backhoes, plumbing, piles of dirt around here. I certainly hope your week has been a little quieter and a little cleaner than mine has been! Let’s try to take our minds off things shall we?
To help here are five (probably) random, (rarely) newsworthy and on (nearly every) occasion strange or unique stories. I hope there’s at least one thing on the list you haven’t already heard about so you have something to talk about on the way to the next chocoholics meeting.
1. You’ve probably heard by now that Bill Gates has admitted that the familiar Control-Alt-Delete to log-on to your Windows computer was, well, a mistake. It’s the only one he admitted to, everything else is still being referred to as a “feature.”
2. The giant rubber duck that’s been making its way around the world made its way to the United States and debuted in Pittsburgh, PA today! The artist behind the duck says that it has healing properties, I don’t know about that but it sure is it cute.
3. My daughter and I discovered the phenomenon of Bat Dad a few weeks ago, but he was everywhere this week. This Vine mastermind has created some hysterical videos, but I really do have to wonder how if his family isn’t starting to think it’s getting a little old.
4. Have you seen the guy who likes to style his beard in really unique ways? Like into a<a< span=””> title=”Beard for a bowl” href=”http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/ramen-beard_n_3982332.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news” target=”_blank”> bowl for his Ramen noodles? I guess he’s not afraid of getting a hair in his food.
5. Finally, here’s a great story about a little boy who wanted to do a a 5K with his older brother who has cerebal palsy but his mom didn’t have they money for a jogger so they could do it. Tobias decided to write a local television station asking for help locating one. He even offered to run with other children if someone would loan him one. This is an awesome little boy with a great story and an amazing ending!
That’s this week’s Friday 5. I hope you found something that lifted your spirits or put a smile on your face.
If you have an idea for next week’s Friday 5, or if you would like to Guest Write the Friday 5, I would love to hear from you! Send me a note here and we’ll get you on the blog!
Have a great weekend everyone!