It’s time for the second edition of Tell Your Story Tuesday! This week, a special Thanksgiving stories. Everyone has one…this is the place to tell it!
Did you want to share something last week and lose the never to post it? Have you thought of a story you should have shared? Well my friends, here is your chance!
Every Tuesday I’m going to open a post like this one and invite folks itching to share your stories. There are no prizes or awards, just the undying admiration of ones of people. I’m hoping with a little luck and your help we can get that up to the undying admiration of tens of people soon!
As with any good endeavor, there are some ground rules.
The Ground Rules:
- Be nice! Constructive criticism is fine, but this is strictly a “No Troll Zone”
- Keep it clean! This site is for folks of all ages, anything not suitable for a PG audience will be removed (sorry, but my kids can read this blog and my 6 year old is a great reader – there are just some things I don’t need her sounding out!).
- Keep it fairly short! This isn’t the place to write the next great novel. Let’s see how short stories go before we move into long form writing.
- Nothing Copyrighted Please! Please make sure that you’re telling your own story and not someone else’s.
- No bashing other people/companies/political parties/ethnic groups/sexual orientation/career choices/physical appearance or ability/musical tastes! Again, this is a “Troll Free Zone” – leave the mean and nasty at the door. It’s one thing to have a funny encounter in a strange situation or a strange encounter in a funny situation. Using your story to insult others is another thing all together.
- I reserve the right! This is my blog and my face to the Internets, I reserve the right to change the rules, or remove content that break the rules. Sorry folks, but I’m sure that if you can find someone willing to let you post a story about a liberal Republican that walks with a limp and listens to Yani while sheep herding and why you hate them. I am not that someone, and this is not the place.
Thanks for being so understanding about the rules!
Grab your quill and pen. Or your mouse and keyboard. Spend 5 minutes telling us a story. Don’t be shy!