Thanks for hanging around for Tell Your Story Tuesday, on Wednesday!
A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say. Since we seem to have a lot of folks who are too shy to share words around here I thought I would give you a different challenge this week. Tell a story with a picture. If you’re anything like me you’ve got a couple of pictures that tells the story of a trip, a place, a person or an event. As a matter of fact, here’s one of mine!
Now, I can’t claim to have thought this up all on my own. I found a website called Cowbird earlier this week. They encourage people to tell a story starting with an image. They’re kind of like a diary using pictures to help tell a story. I thought why not take a cue from them and see if we can’t get some people to tell us a story using a picture.
The regular Tuesday Rules remain:
The Ground Rules:
- Be nice! Constructive criticism is fine, but this is strictly a “No Troll Zone“
- Keep it clean! This site is for folks of all ages, anything not suitable for a PG audience will be removed (sorry, but my kids can read this blog and my 6 year old is a great reader – there are just some things I don’t need her sounding out!).
- Keep it fairly short! This isn’t the place to write the next great novel. Let’s see how short stories go before we move into long form writing.
- Nothing Copyrighted Please! Please make sure that you’re telling your own story and not someone else’s.
- No bashing other people/companies/political parties/ethnic groups/sexual orientation/career choices/physical appearance or ability/musical tastes! Again, this is a “Troll Free Zone” – leave the mean and nasty at the door. It’s one thing to have a funny encounter in a strange situation or a strange encounter in a funny situation. Using your story to insult others is another thing all together.
- I reserve the right! This is my blog and my face to the Internets, I reserve the right to change the rules, or remove content that break the rules. Sorry folks, but I’m sure that if you can find someone willing to let you post a story about a liberal Republican that walks with a limp and listens to Yani while sheep herding and why you hate them. I am not that someone, and this is not the place.
Look through your phone, check your folders and find a picture worth a thousand words!