I resolve to provide to help organizations and individuals tell their stories through content development, social media, and multimedia.
- Encouragement and Enthusiasm
- Humor and Fun
- Active Listening
- Respect and Recognition
- Trust through Accountability
- Performance-driven Goals
Freelance Consultant, 2016-2017
- Content development
- Content editing
- Social media content development
- Social media management
- Telling stories
Executive Director, Community Arts Center of Cambria County, 2015-2016
- Managed Community Arts Center’s day-to-day operations.
- Developed and executed social media plans that resulted in the addition of social media platforms and a more than 100% increase of followers across all platforms.
- Managed website development and online content.
- Created content for and managed weekly email list that grew from 0 to 600 subscribers in just over a year.
- Redesigned and developed content for organization newsletters.
- Managed facility rental and associated marketing plan.
- Researched and wrote grant proposals for a variety of new and existing programs.
- Wrote press releases and managed press contacts for events and organizational announcements.
- Spoke at organization events including exhibit openings and special events.
- Worked with organization members, collecting input and addressing concerns.
Freelance Instructional Designer, Self-Employed, 2013-2015
- Developed storyboards for online instruction intended for both professionals and school students.
- Performed researching and writing instructional content.
- Creating the look and feel for instructional content.
- Developed interactions and graphic concepts designed to best demonstrate learning concepts.
Communications Specialist, Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative, Washington, DC, 2010-2013
Outreach Coordinator, Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative; Washington, DC 2009-2010
- Produced, directed and edited Introduction to SCORM four-part video webinar series.
- Produced, directed and edited Visual Design Principles for E-learning eight part video webinar series.
- Produced, directed and edited Creating Reusable Content in SCORM 2004 five part video webinar series.
- Planning and producing the transition of additional weekly webinar series into an on-demand video learning library.
- Producing and directing special video projects.
- Edited a short two versions of a short video to be used with a Combat Stress Training Course.
- Created the ADL YouTube Channel which houses all the videos released to the public.
- Developing messaging around new activities and efforts.
- Developed and coordinated the production of publication materials.
- Began a major social media push with Twitter resulting in a more than 700% increase of followers over two years.
Video Specialist, Perot Systems: Government Services; Reston, VA, 2006-2009
- Designed and formatted the front and back covers of three Science and Technology organizational, roadmap business and workforce plans to support the professional branding requirements of the InnoVision Research and Development Directorate representing over 200 Geospatial-Intelligence scientists.
- Developed multimedia products of various lengths and classifications from concept to delivery for a Chief Information Officer in the intelligence community.
- End-to-End video production including script writing, storyboarding, lighting, sound, shooting, editing, voice-over and delivery for use on DVDs and Intranet applications.
- Managed timelines and allocations for the development of products, communications and strategic planning.
Senior Consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton; McLean, VA 2004-2006
- Developed both instructor lead and computer-based training for an agency in the intelligence community.
- Provided storyboard input and development for various video and training products, and coordinated a variety of aspects of video and multimedia projects including vendor schedules, product packing and shipment.
- Wrote and reviewed scripts for video and training products.
- Performing voice-over for multimedia outreach and educational products.
- Researched and evaluated on-line presentation delivery.
- Worked with teams to analyze, design, develop and evaluate projects to ensure high quality instruction.
- Performed quality assurance on-line learning resources.
Senior Videographer, Concurrent Technologies Corporation; Johnstown, PA 2001-2004
- Produced, directed, wrote, edited and performed voice-over for the Transformation of Training Implementation Plan Overview CD, sponsored by the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Readiness.
- Lead and grew the Advanced Distributed Learning Imitative’s Multimedia Team.
- Designed and developed interactive products including two stand alone kiosks.
- Collected requirements, developed project plans that tracked tasking and allocations, equipment and software orders, product development, and delivery in accordance with budget and timeline.
- Additional video production efforts included: directed live Web casts, directed talent, recorded voice-overs, conducted interviews, and acted as on-camera hostess for instructional video.
- Developed and followed ISO 9000 and company-mandated Quality Assurance procedures and ensured all internal and external approvals were received before products were launched.
- Performed voice-over for a number of projects for the Department of Defense, the Department of Justice, Concurrent Technologies Corporation and others.
Marketing Manager, Johnstown Area Heritage Association; Johnstown, PA 2000-2000
- Authored press releases that were distributed to travel reporters.
- Participated in live events and press conferences.
- Managed tour groups and schedules for two museum locations and coordinated with the National Park Service and other local historic attractions.
- Assisted with public relations activity for the Bicentennial of the city of Johnstown, PA.
Marketing Representative, Baltimore Life Companies; Johnstown, PA 1998-1999
- Managed child fingerprint events including advertisement, press releases, materials and production of final of information for parents/guardians.
- Appeared as local company representative to local television stations covering fingerprint events.
- Authored press releases and contacted local media regarding office-sponsored events, provided on-camera interviews as requested by media.
- Hosted a breakfast where local non-profit organizations were presented with grant awards, including introduction of grant selection team and representatives of each organization and its mission.
Director/Promotion Production,WWCP Fox8 & WATM ABC23; Johnstown, PA 1995-1997
- Directed hour, half-hour, and morning cut-in news programs and special productions and performed other live production duties.
- Produced and directed a children’s program.
- Wrote and edited local promotional spots.
- Captured and duplicated commercials and promotional spots for broadcast.
- Provided training for new employees on equipment, activities and positions across the team.
California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA
B.A. – Communications Studies with Emphasis on Radio and Television Production, 1995
Directing live and live-to-tape video productions, editing video, script writing, on-location shoots from set-up to take-down, interviewing subject matter experts and VIPS, voice-over, social media support,
English – Expert; American Sign Language – Beginner
Singer, Lorie and Deiber, Ninia, “ADL and the Road We’re On,” NATO School Today, http://geo.mcdean.com/design/nato-school-today-ten-year-edition (November 2009)