It’s a new year, that can only mean one thing…that you’ve got a LOT of stories about all the crazy, funny, touching and unbelievable things that happened over the holidays! Let’s hear them!
This is YOUR chance to tell us your story. Telling stories is more than entertaining. It’s sharing a part of you with the world. It’s about making connections with other people. Storytelling is about touching another life by sharing your experiences.
I’ve shared a couple of stories so far, and I know people are following along so it’s your turn again. Tell me a story. It doesn’t have to be long. It doesn’t have to be funny. It doesn’t even have to be good. Just take a few minutes to put thought to keyboard and tell me about something you experienced over the holidays.
Did your parent/kids/in-laws/neighbors/family do something that even YOU can’t believe? Were you surprised by a gift? Did you manage to surprise someone? Did your kids have a great reaction to Santa’s visit? Did you miss someone this holiday season who’s wasn’t there to celebrate with you? Tell us about it!
As with any good endeavor, there are some ground rules.
The Ground Rules:
- Be nice! Constructive criticism is fine, but this is strictly a “No Troll Zone”
- Keep it clean! This site is for folks of all ages, anything not suitable for a PG audience will be removed (sorry, but my kids can read this blog and my 6 year old is a great reader – there are just some things I don’t need her sounding out!).
- Keep it fairly short! This isn’t the place to write the next great novel. Let’s see how short stories go before we move into long form writing.
- Nothing Copyrighted Please! Please make sure that you’re telling your own story and not someone else’s.
- No bashing other people/companies/political parties/ethnic groups/sexual orientation/career choices/physical appearance or ability/musical tastes! Again, this is a “Troll Free Zone” – leave the mean and nasty at the door. It’s one thing to have a funny encounter in a strange situation or a strange encounter in a funny situation. Using your story to insult others is another thing all together.
- I reserve the right! This is my blog and my face to the Internets, I reserve the right to change the rules, or remove content that break the rules. Sorry folks, but I’m sure that if you can find someone willing to let you post a story about a liberal Republican that walks with a limp and listens to Yani while sheep herding and why you hate them. I am not that someone, and this is not the place.
Grab your quill and pen. Or your mouse and keyboard. Spend 5 minutes telling us a story. Don’t be shy!