Hey you! Yeah, you. I see you sitting there reading this. You’ve probably even been here before. You’re hoping I’ll tell another story so that you don’t have to. Well my friend, not so fast. You see, I know you have a story that you’re dying to tell. I know you stare at the screen each week thinking about the perfect story to tell. You’re probably writing it in your head right now! See, I knew it! I also know you’ve secretly been dreaming about being a writer for years….
This is your chance. Get the words out of your head and put them on the screen. Share them with me. I can guarantee you tens of readers! Ok, ten reader…maybe. But still, that’s ten people that can certify your writing brilliance! It doesn’t have to be long. It doesn’t have to be funny. It doesn’t even have to be good. Just tell me the story you’ve been wanting to share but haven’t had the courage.
The Ground Rules:
- Be nice! Constructive criticism is fine, but this is strictly a “No Troll Zone“
- Keep it clean! This site is for folks of all ages, anything not suitable for a PG audience will be removed (sorry, but my kids can read this blog and my 6 year old is a great reader – there are just some things I don’t need her sounding out!).
- Keep it fairly short! This isn’t the place to write the next great novel. Let’s see how short stories go before we move into long form writing.
- Nothing Copyrighted Please! Please make sure that you’re telling your own story and not someone else’s.
- No bashing other people/companies/political parties/ethnic groups/sexual orientation/career choices/physical appearance or ability/musical tastes! Again, this is a “Troll Free Zone” – leave the mean and nasty at the door. It’s one thing to have a funny encounter in a strange situation or a strange encounter in a funny situation. Using your story to insult others is another thing all together.
- I reserve the right… This is my blog and my face to the Internets, I reserve the right to change the rules, or remove content that break the rules. Sorry folks, but I’m sure that if you can find someone willing to let you post a story about a liberal Republican that walks with a limp and listens to Yani while sheep herding and why you hate them. I am not that someone, and this is not the place.
Grab your quill and pen. Or your mouse and keyboard. Spend 5 minutes telling us a story. Don’t be shy!