In keeping with the idea of sharing five things every Friday, this is the second edition of the Friday Five! These are five (probably) random, (rarely) newsworthy and on (nearly every) occasion strange or unique. I hope there’s at least one thing on the list you haven’t already heard about so you have something to share with your grandmother when you call her this weekend (you know you’ve meant to call).
And off we go…
1. Johnstown, Pennsylvania, my hometown, is also home to the world’s steepest vehicular inclined plane. Not to be confused with the world’s longest vehicular inclined plane which is near-by Pittsburgh. If you’re ever in the area check it out, it’s kind of cool.
2. What do you get when an artist mom and her 4-year-old daughter collaborate on a project? Some pretty cool art that what!
3. Small town politics can be dog-eat-dog. Some people are wondering if it wasn’t more of an assassination attempt when the cat mayor of a town in Alaska was attacked by a dog. What do you think?
4. A stork was recently arrested in Egypt on suspicion of spying. There was some concern that it was in cahoots with some GPS sharks that were allegedly swimming off the coast. No word from Dr. Doolittle on his involvement.
5. Would you be willing to wait eight years to get your expensive diamond earring back? A woman in England is! You won’t believe who took it.
That’s this week’s Friday 5! Do you have something you think would be perfect for the list? Drop me a line here:
Have a great weekend!